Monday, August 2, 2010

Blondie's Parallel Style

Blondie is one of the most representative acts in Rock and New Wave from the late 70s and early 80s. Their 1978 album, Parallel Lines, featured band members dressed up in black suits with skinny ties and sneakers. The group's lead singer, Debbie Harry (some people call her Blondie, when in fact it's the group's name) is wearing a simple white dress and black/blonde hair (Blondie's punk roots should not be forgotten).

On this album one can find two of Blondie's best songs: "Heart of Glass" & "One Way or Another".


Photo: Flickr

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I consider those two of their worst songs. Stuff off of the first two albums were superior, and really expressed the state of things of the time in NYC. At least to me. In the Flesh, Sex Offender, Picture This, Hanging on the Telephone, Fade Away and Radiate - those are to me really their foundation. I saw them right after Parallel Lines came out but before it hit big. A great show, and more of the first two albums' material and less of the third. That made me happy.
But Maria was quite a good song off of their comeback in '97 I think.

RetroVintageModStyle said...

How lucky to have seen them back in the day. I personally prefer more of their early 80s stuff, "Call Me" and "Atomic". "Maria" was a good song too, around 2005-2006 Debbie released a song called "Good Boys".